Share with Family & Friends
This information should be shared with your family and friends as well as on social media.
Here are some ways your physical therapist may help you
Your physical therapist might advise you to:
- Avoid activities that cause pain in the neck and arms.
- Keep active in the house and avoid long periods of bed rest. Take short walks several times a day. Moving will reduce stiffness and pain, and make you feel better.
- Follow the instructions and perform the neck movements that he/she will show you. These movements can reduce stiffness, pain, and restore normal neck motion.
- For 15 to 20 minutes, apply moist heat to the area. Ice packs can be applied every two hours.
- You should sit in comfortable chairs. You may have more problems with soft couches or easy chairs.
- To reduce stress on your neck, change your work ergonomics
- For further services such as medication and medical tests, consult a physician.
- Reference: APTA’s Moving Forward. Click Here for More Information.